Motorcycle Celebrities to Appear at Progressive Int'l Motorcycle Show in Atlanta
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Motocross Champion Ricky Carmichael, Colin Edwards, Kevin Schwantz and More Set to Appear at PROGRESSIVE® INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOWS KICK-OFF IN ATLANTA
Atlanta is First Stop of 13-City Tour with Hundreds of New Motorcycles, Custom Choppers, Celebrity Racers and More
ATLANTA – (October 30, 2012) – Several motorcycle racing legends are set to appear at the 2012 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows nationwide tour kick-off, at the Cobb Galleria Centre, in Atlanta, Friday, November 2, through Sunday, November 4. Racing fans won’t want to miss this opportunity to meet some of the top motorcycle racing legends in person, and hear what it is like to be a professional motorcycle racer. Special appearances throughout the weekend include:
- Motocross Champion Ricky Carmichael and Women’s Motocross Association Champion Ashley Fiolek will greet fans and sign autographs, on Friday, November 2, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, November 3, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- 1993 500cc World Champion Kevin Schwantz, Two-Time World Superbike Champion Colin Edwards and Scott Russell will discuss MotoGP racing in a discussion panel hosted by Speed TV Supercross Sideline Reporter Erin Bates on Friday, November 2, at 5:30 p.m. These top former MotoGP racers will who will provide insight into this premier class of motorcycle road racing.
- Speed TV Supercross Sideline Reporter Erin Bates, featured in this year’s Progressive International Motorcycle Shows “Human Motorcycles” ad campaign, will be available to sign autographs on Friday, November 2, at 6:30 p.m. Campaign posters featuring Bates body painted and the “Human Motorcycles” will be available for purchase on site.
- Additional presentations by Nick Ienatsch, Ken Hill and Scott Russell will take place all weekend long, highlighting the Yamaha Champions Riding School, as well as Q & A’s with Kevin Schwantz, at show’s interactive stage dubbed The Podium.
- Progressive International Motorcycle Show Short Clip Preview – Shot and edited the night before the opening of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta, showgoers will be treated to a first look at a short clip featuring a “ride” through the new show with Ricky Carmichael, Colin Edwards and Ashley Fiolek, on Friday, November 2, at 5 p.m.
From hard-core enthusiasts to casual riders, the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta will be the place for motorcycle enthusiasts to immerse themselves in bike culture, meet the professionals, talk to experts and climb on all the hottest rides. This is the first place in the United States to see all of the new models from leading manufacturers including BMW, Can-Am, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Star, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha and more, as well as the latest aftermarket parts and accessories.
The Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta will be open to the public Friday, November 2 through Sunday, November 4, at the Cobb Galleria Centre, located at 2 Galleria Parkway Southeast. Show hours are Friday, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission to the event is $15 adults $6 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. Following the kick-off in Atlanta, the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows nationwide tour will continue across the country with stops in Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, Minneapolis, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Chicago, Indianapolis and Charlotte. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit www.motorcycleshows.com.
DeeDee Taft/Shelbi Okumura