Senior Software Engineer
Join Advanstar’s IT team! Our department offers a strong and friendly team environment where technology professionals naturally thrive; if you are motivated, results-oriented professional who is driven to achieve, then our collective motivation is the same as your reward: success!
As a seasoned software engineer at Advanstar, you will be responsible for undertaking the most complex applications and development projects to create programs, processes and business rules that support the changing business requirements of our organization. You will formulate innovative IT solutions, thinking outside of the current technology architecture and often introducing completely new technology. You will create complex design documents, develop programs, processes and business rules in support of changing user requirements, and assist Technology Operations and Client Services teams with the implementation and configuration of new infrastructure. You will be responsible for documenting operating environments, data flows and process maps for business systems, and developing detailed plans for execution of system diagnostics stress testing and end user acceptance. You will also assist with developing and implementing quality control procedures, participate in coding review boards, and assist key users/vendors in creating and delivering quality and timely training. As necessary for overall project success, you will serve in either a supporting or lead developer role.
BS/BA in Information Systems or a related field, or the equivalent business experience; at least eight years experience in business system design and implementation is required. Must have knowledge and experience in Agile and Scrum iterative development and best practices. Must have led/managed code reviews and participated developing/documenting coding standards. Additional required skills include:
- Oracle 11i or R12 E-Business Suite Architecture and 10g/11g database; experience as an Oracle EBS developer.
- Knowledge of standard APIs and interface tables available in Oracle eBusiness application modules.
- Solid knowledge in Oracle Financials; experience with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL programming skills.
- Proven experience with data migration, conversion and integration.
- Hands on experience with XML/BI publisher, report development and Discoverer.
- Programming Skills: PL/SQL, Reports, Forms, Workflow Builder, SQL*Plus and shell scripting.
- Prior experience utilizing source control, versioning, change management and development workflow tools (Team Foundation Server or GIT preferred).
- Proficiency with usage of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Visio and MS Project.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.